Lemon CurdPosted by: Vanillicious / Dessert type: Dessert Sauce Recipes
Lemon curd is a great addition to many baked goodies, and upgrade them with the sensational citric aroma.
It can be served along with cakes and warm cobblers (e.g berries cobbler), fill cookies, be spread between cake layers, spread on your breakfast toast or scone, fill tarts, turn cream into lemon cream when mixed together, be mixed with yogurt and whatever you can come up with.
I will soon publish a recipe which puts into practice the lemon curd, so stay tuned!
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter
- 175g caster sugar
(1) Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, over a low heat
(2) Stir continuously and bring slowly to the simmering point
(3) The curd is ready when it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
(4) Remove from the heat and let cool slightly before serving. Alternatively, keep in an airtight container or jar and refrigerate. Consume within a week.
Tags: lemon and lime