Best Muffin Recipe Ever
No, this is not just a catchy headline, these muffins really turned to be the best I’ve ever baked.
The credentials for this recipe and tips go to Natalie Levin, a pastry chef. As a big fan (well, and a muffin lover, too) I decided to give this recipe a try and since I just loved these fabulous muffins, I must share!
Some muffins tips before you go and bake these little wonders:
- The following recipe will make 12 normal sized muffins and will require 5cm bottom diameter muffin paper cases.
- This can be a great basic muffin recipe, and blueberries can be replaced with almost any other berry or fruit of your choice (raspberries, apricots, nectarines etc).
- When stirring, use a wooden spoon and mix only until all ingredients blend together. Don’t over-mix, and this will give your muffins the right, dense texture.
- Bake the muffins immediately. The longer the mixture sits, it’ll contain less leavening power.
- Bake the muffins until a skewer inserted in to the centre comes out with moisty crumbs, not totally clean. That will keep them soft for few more days.
- If necessary, these muffins can be freeze up to a month.